09 May 2010

Mother's Day Dedication

Mother’s Day is often a time when we give thanks to those women in our lives that mean so much to us. I think this is a wonderful tradition, but sadly we should appreciate everyone in our lives more fully, everyday. I did a wonderful dedication a few years back, and it’s time I appreciate again!

I’d like to thank my mom first and foremost. The top reason being that she gave birth to me, so without her, well, I wouldn’t be. I’d also like to say thank you very much for helping me out with school, and sending little things every now and then. I love you!

Next, I’d like to thank my step-mom. Living with my dad most of my life, it was nice to have a mother figure too. Marilin has been there for me, and in recent years we’ve gotten along better. Thank you for helping me out with school too! Love you lots.

Thank you to my grandma that I live with. Thanks for letting me live here again, after I got done with school and still can’t find anything. You are generous, and I love you very much.

Aunt Joy, thank you! I really appreciated you very much my first year in college with your thoughtful notes, and the extra money to buy TP. I know you struggle, and that made me appreciate your gesture more.

Thank you Aunt Lois, I don’t get to spend I lot of time with you, but I want you to know I love you dearly. I hope that we get to spend some time together soon, because I haven’t seen you in a long time. Thank you for everything.

Thank you Grandma Green for inviting me to be a part of the family. I appreciate your warmth, and delicious bread. :)

Gram Langley, thank you for taking me in, too, and treating me as family. You live far away, but every once in a while I think of you and wish you the best. Thank you again.

Nana, I love you! Sorry I missed your birthday this year. I love you a lot, and hope that I get to see you again soon. Even though we may not agree on everything, I still love you.

Last, I’d like to thank Vicki, may you rest in peace. You meant a lot to me, and your kindness lives on in those you’ve touched. I miss you and I know that you are in a better place. Thank you.

No comments: