13 July 2009

Something Needs To Change

The last few weeks or so have been pretty tough for me. I've been without a job for almost a whole year, but I've only been actively looking for two months. This is the longest I've ever looked for a job, and it has me kinda scared. Before, when I wanted one, I just had to go apply to a couple place at most, and I'd get hired within a week or so. I've applied to perhaps 20 jobs high and low, and haven't heard a peep from anyone or anything, except a promised call from Satellite. It's the most "buzz" I've gotten.


I wouldn't be so worried, but I have bills that have to get paid, and I just don't have any money. I am very thankful that I'll be getting my deposit back from my old place almost in full, but that leaves me with barely enough for rent and utilities, with not much left for food. I'm not in a huge bind, because I think I can get help from my father's family if I need it, I just don't know for sure. I'm not being lazy, there really isn't a lot that is possible for me (with no car, and a bus system that needs an overhaul). I really will be in a tight bind in about three to four weeks if not sooner. Send some good thoughts my way, and I'll keep trying: it's all I can do.

3 comments:

Cat Zen Space said...

I am sending good thoughts your way. The job market is just more competitive now. It doesn't mean you won't find a job, it just means it will take a little longer. Hopefully not too much longer. Hang in there!

Mark David Gerson said...

Also sending good thoughts your way, Andrew.

Marge said...

Direct line opening up to HP on this.