11 July 2008

Expecting Too Much

I want a man.

I want a man that can lift me off my feet.

I want a man that can lift my spirits.

I want a man that can hold me.

I want a man that I can hold.

I want a man that smiles when he sees me.

I want a man that makes me smile.

I want a man that can tell me to shut up.

I want a man that knows when to shut up.

I want a man that wants me as I was.

I want a man that wants me as I am.

I want a man that wants me as I will be.

I want a man that can talk to me about anything.

I want a man that can talk to me about nothing.

I want a man that wants to be with me every moment.

I want a man that knows when to leave me alone.

I want a man that is gracious.

I want a man that isn't afraid to be rude.

I want a man that will spend money on me.

I want a man that will understand when I say it isn't necessary.

I want a man that can give.

I want a man that can take.

I want a man that knows my limits.

I want a man that can break them.

I want a man that loves everything.

I want a man that loves one thing.

I want a man that makes mistakes.

I want a man that knows he does so.

I want a man that embraces change.

I want a man that is consistent.

I want a man that has a heart.

I want a man that can give it away.

I want a man that is a rock.

I want a man that needs to lean.

I want a man that is everything.

I want a man that is nothing.

I want a man.

1 comment:

Mark David Gerson said...

That is incredibly powerful, Andrew, and profound.

I have my own version of this, which I've shared with friends, but not publicly. Maybe it's time to come out of the closet with it!

Thanks for sharing it.

Mark David