01 November 2010

National Novel Writing Month

I usually dedicate all my writing towards Writerly Words, but I think that NaNoWriMo is also a very personal journey. Of course, all writing is a personal journey, but I feel that sometimes writers don’t want to hear or talk about this. It can make us uncomfortable.

This year instead of writing an actual novel, I’m writing a collection of short stories, or more precisely, short stories that may or may not be related to one another. I just need a good reason and a deadline to pump out these stories. The first one I’ve titled ‘The Brilliance’ which is a story shaping up to be about the process of discovering the passion for writing. I might share these stories, and I might now, but I feel that I should at least talk about them.

In other news of my life, I’m a lot closer to graduate school than I was when I first wanted to apply two years ago. I’ve actually got everything in order to apply. Once I receive my GRE scores, I will be very close to finishing the application, just a few minor things here and there to clear up. I’ve got my letters written (but not edited) and my LoR lined up. I think I can do this, and I think I’ll get in to three schools.

Everything at home is going well, I still need a few sign ups for my Craft of Fiction class to hold it, but I’m doing well. I’ll be turning 26 later this month, and I don’t know if I’m ready for that. I’ve got a lot on my plate, but I will pull through, and do well. I know this.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments: